Elks National Foundation
The mission of the Elks National Foundation is to help Elks build stronger communities. We fulfill this pledge by investing in communities where Elks live and work. The mission of the Elks National Foundation is to help Elks build stronger communities through some of the following programs:
- Elks National Memorial
- Drug Awareness
- Community Investments through Grants
- Hoop Shoot
- Soccer Shoot
- Veterans Services
- Americanism Essay Contest
The 2022 application opened on August 2, 2021.
Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need.
Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Scholarship
The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest rated applicants in the 2022 competition.
Application Date: August 2, 2021 to November 15, 2021
- Male and female students compete separately.
- Ranging from $1,000 per year to $12,500 per year.
- Students pursuing a four-year degree, on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 semester hours), in a U.S. college or university. All scholarships are in the form of certificates of award conditional upon the full-time enrollment of the winner in an accredited U.S. college or university.
- The 20 Top Finalists traditionally participate in an all-expenses paid Leadership Weekend in Chicago during which they’ll interview with the national judges. These 20 Finalists will be vying for two first place awards of $50,000; two second place awards of $40,000; and two third place awards of $30,000. The remaining 14 finalists will receive awards of $20,000. The 480 runners up will receive fifth place scholarships of $4,000.
- Applications available online at https://www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/MVS.cfm and click on the big bar that says Apply Now. Click on “Don’t have an Account? /Register!” Once you have an account you can go into and out of your application as you need.
Elks National Foundation Legacy Awards
Application Date: September 1, 2021 to February 7, 2022
Any child or grandchild (or step child, step grandchild, or legal ward) of a living Elk who joined the order on or before April 1, 2019, or a charter member of a Lodge that was instituted on or after April 1, 2019, is eligible to apply. The Elk must also be a paid-up member through March 31, 2022. Great grandchildren are not eligible.
- The applicant must be a high school senior.
- The applicant must apply online only.
- If the applicant’s parent and grandparent are both Elk members, the applicant must apply through the parent’s Elks Lodge.
- We have waived the standardized test requirement for the 2022 Legacy contest. You do not need to submit ACT and/or SAT scores.
- Students may apply for more than one ENF scholarship; however, they may win only one. In cases where the student wins more than one, we will award the scholarship with the greater value. Students can accept local and state scholarships, which are separate from the awards at the national level.
- Legacy Awards may only be applied to accredited US American schools, colleges or universities. (Note: Applicants from Guam, Panama, Puerto Rico and the Philippines may apply Legacy Awards toward schools, colleges or universities in their respective homes.)
- If you are selected as a 2022 Legacy Awards recipient, you will be required to perform service once a year with an Elks Lodge during the four years you are receiving the scholarship .
- Applications available online atcenf.elks.org/leg
Elks National Foundation Emergency Education Grants
Available upon request starting May 1, 2021
- To request an EEG application for you or someone you know, please email email@example.com or call 773-755-4732.
- All applications must be received by the ENF Scholarship Office by November 1, 2021.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- The Elk parent or stepparent:
- Must have been a member in good standing for at least one year at the time of his or her death or
- Must have been a member in good standing for at least one year before he or she became totally disabled and must continue to be an Elk in good standing when application for assistance is made.
- All circumstances surrounding the death or disability of the Elk parent or stepparent are subject to the review of the Elks National Foundation
- The outcome of the review may affect grant approval.
- The applicant must:
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Attend an accredited U.S. college or university as a full-time (12 semester hours) undergraduate student.
- Be unmarried and under the age of 24 during the academic year in which they are applying.
- **Note that if a student is awarded an EEG, the funds are disbursed directly to the school in the student’s name and can only be used for items the school considers cost of attendance. This normally includes tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board
Weigel Medical School Scholarship
- If you are an Elks scholar planning to attend an accredited U.S. medical school to pursue a medical degree or Osteopathic Medicine degree, consider applying before you begin your first year of medical school.
- For the 2021 contest, ten (10) $22,000 scholarships will be offered exclusively to Elks scholars** entering their first year of medical school in fall 2021. The application will be available beginning January, 2021 and close May 24, 2021.
- The application for the 2021 contest will be available beginning in January, 2021. Request from the ENF Scholarship office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 773-755-4732.
- If your child is applying for any scholarships, please make sure they list Summit Lodge #1246 on their application as the sponsoring lodge.
- Any questions please contact John DeSocio at email@example.com.